Members of the Robarts Centre are kept up-to-date on current scholarly events and research being conducted across the country, and they are eligible for our smaller grants and funding opportunities. Associate members are expected to complete the Annual Report Request Form.
• Distinguished Fellows - Distinguished Fellows are prominent members of the community who have significantly contributed to the operations of the Centre and helped improve its standing, financially, publicly and reputationally. Distinguished Fellows are members of the Centre for a two-year term (renewable).
• Faculty Associates -Tenure-stream, contract and retired members of York faculty
• Research Associates -Postdoctoral fellows connected to the Centre, post-PhD fellows without fellowships, York graduate students and post-PhD scholars. Scholars who have completed a PhD may apply (with sponsorship from a Faculty Associate at the Robarts Centre) to become a Research Associate for a two-year term. Research Associates are expected to present their work during their period of affiliation and are particularly encouraged to do so at the annual graduate student conference
• Robarts Fellows -Robarts Centre Fellows will be recruited from select undergraduate Canadian Studies courses on an annual basis
• Visiting Fellows and External Associates - Visiting Fellows are scholars with academic positions in other post-secondary institutions who are physically visiting at York University, including visiting scholars from Canada, short-term international visiting scholars, and Visiting Professors in Canadian Studies. Visiting Fellows are members of the Centre for the duration of their stay at the Robarts Centre and no more than one year at a time (renewable). Their appointment process to the Centre and degree of administrative support will vary but will necessarily involve the approval of the Director.
External Associates are scholars and community members who collaborate with at least one Faculty Associate of the Centre, and whose work actively support the public outreach and engagement missions of the Centre. These associates are external to York University and are granted special membership to the Centre by the Director for a two-year term (renewable). They receive minimal administrative support from the Centre, subject to approval by the Director.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in joining our growing list of associates.