York University has one of the largest concentrations of Canadian specialists in the world. In recognition of this fact, the Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies was established in 1984 with support from the private sector and matching grants from the Secretary of State and the Province of Ontario. It was named in memory of the Honourable John P. Robarts (1917– 1982), seventeenth Premier of Ontario (1961–1971) and seventh Chancellor of York University (1977–1982).
The Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies is located on the Seventh Floor of the Kaneff Tower on the main campus of York University.
What we do:
- Black Canada
- Critical Perspectives on Mental Health (CPM)
- Environmental Research Group
- History of Indigenous Peoples Network
- Le Canada francophone, francophile et en français
- Mobilizing Inuit Cultural Heritage (MICH)
- Toronto Migration Memory Collective (TMMC)
- Women and Inclusivity in Sustainable Energy Research Network (WISER)