Friday, October 19 in the ballroom at the Glendon Manor at Glendon College, York University. 2 pm – 3:30 pm.
“Local, National, and Transnational Histories of Immigration to the Americas”
Public Roundtable Discussion
Friday, October 19 at the Glendon Manor at Glendon College, York University. 4 pm – 6 pm.
“The Mosaic vs. the Melting Pot? Myths and Realities of Cultural Pluralism in Canada and the United States”
This public roundtable discussion deals with the history of multiculturalism in Canada and the United States and many of the ideas and misconceptions that Canadians have about the mosaic and the American melting pot.
- Randy Widdis, Professor of Geography, University of Regina.
- David Atkinson, Assistant Professor of History, Purdue University.
- Grace Delgado, Assistant Professor of History, Pennsylvania State University.
- Russell Kazal, Associate Professor of History, University of Toronto
- Patricia Burke Wood, Professor of Geography and Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs, York University.
- Roberto Perin, Professor of History at Glendon College, York University.
All are welcome.
The Borderlands, Transnationalism and Immigration to North America Workshop will be held at Glendon College, October 19-20, 2012.
For more information visit http://borderlandsworkshop.wordpress.com/roundtable-discussion/